Monday, October 24, 2011

More Muti

Here are a few more photos from the Muti shop we visited earlier this week. I wonder what's in the jars?


Muti has occasionally received negative press for allegations of a darker side. There have been cases in recent years where people - particularly children and albinos - have been supposedly killed for their body parts, which some believe will bestow power and success. While I'll admit the shop had a completely different vibe from the Walgreens or Boots pharmacies I'm more familiar with, from what little I saw, muti seems to be more about dried roots and impala horns than anything more sinister.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, unless your're an impala . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, yes. But I'd much rather make a stop at the ice cream shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In some places there would be cries for government regulation of this industry to limit abuses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suspect that it might have an atmosphere that is a tonic to the senses, Susie. It certainly is a feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete